Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Early morning? Cold water? Deal with it.

My girlfriend and I have a peculiar strategy of tackling everyday activities. I don't have a statistic but I don't know anybody else who sleeps at 8 or 9 pm and wake up at 3 or 4 am to start their day.

We've talked about this and we just shrugged our shoulders and accepted that this is how we deal with work and whatever the day throws at us - and it is working - for us.

Now imagine getting up at 3 or 4 am - cook and eat breakfast, organize your things for work (materials, toys, folders and files) then getting ready for work (take a bath, pick out clothes for work).

Another big change I've undergone recently is my appreciation for hot water when taking a bath. I mean, it just feels great. But since I went ahead and started on a path of reinventing myself - I knocked that comfort down and replaced it with taking a bath using cold water.

Yes, cold water. Bath time isn't waiting for a few minutes until the water warms up a little so it feels perfect. No. Lately, it has been - stand under the shower, brace myself and turn on the water.

Honestly, I'm still not used to it - but I've read up on it and it turns out it actually has a tone of benefits.

To me, doing this wasn't because of all the benefits - I had no idea about those things before I even started cold water baths. To me - it was just another "small win" for the day.

As what Jim Rohn said, "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

This isn't a post to encourage other people to do as we do - I'm simply sharing what I've done for the last week. I feel great and am thinking of continuing this morning routine.

Tame your Ts,

Tony



No comments:

Post a Comment