Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My experience with Intermittent Fasting. Part 1.

The truth is, I love it. I've been doing intermittent fasting (IF) on and off since I read about it when I was working in Cagayan De Oro. But then thinking about it, I've actually been doing it ever since I started boxing - so that's from middle of 2009. Let me make a quick overview.

So, 2009, I started boxing in Los Banos, Laguna. During that time, I also just started working as a speech and language pathologist in a private clinic setting. I love my set up there - it was a college town, lots of traffic, really good and affordable food. But, I unintentionally did intermittent fasting because of how my work, workout and eating schedule aligned.

I would work from seven in the morning to about five or six in the afternoon. After work, I would go straight to the boxing gym - Red Gloves - and then train for either an hour or even up to three hours. The question is, when do I eat breakfast and lunch. Answer - there was a period wherein I didn't want to miss any work that I didn't eat lunch - and I was so tired from working out that I couldn't eat breakfast because I would be late for work.

If I would make a timeline out of that;

6:30 or closer to 7  - Wake up
7 am to 6 pm          - SLP Work
6 pm to 8/9 pm       - Boxing
9 pm                       - Dinner (my one an only meal for the day)
10:30 or 11 pm       - Sleep and Repeat


Doing this for about 6 months - I've lost 30 pounds and was able to be in the best shape of my life, then.

Don't get me wrong. I don't recommend the routine above for everybody - but it's just a snapshot of how (I didn't even know) I was able to do intermittent fasting while working.

I'm writing about it at this time because I plan to do a 30 day Intermittent Fasting challenge starting from October 11 (Sunday) to November 9 (Monday) as way to prepare for - you guessed it right - Thanksgiving Break!

You probably thought I was doing it to lose weight or achieve some kind of target goal - I just really want to enjoy the feast of giving thanks with your family and friends.

So Part 1 ends here for my experience with Intermittent Fasting. I'll write more detail about what I do and how I do it. I'll put the links from what books, websites and people I've modeled my intermittent fasting experience. I'm still at it. I don't feel like I've reached my goal yet while doing IF but I know I'll be there. Soon.

Watch out for Part II and Part III. Until then,


Tame your Ts,

Tony







No comments:

Post a Comment