Friday, October 9, 2015

What is my Crossover Point?

If you are a gentleman in his late 20s, just graduated with a Master's Degree and just trying to ease into the employed world - then you wouldn't be too familiar with your Crossover Point. At this moment, the concept has peaked my curiosity.

The Crossover Point is the point in time wherein your income from your investments match and even pass your expenses.

So essentially, for me, that would mean that my money is working for me - instead of me working for money. Which sounds so good - but the path towards achieving my Crossover Point will definitely be challenging as well as fun (I'll make sure of it).

Right now, my Expenses includes these important things;

Bills (non-negotiable)
Rent
Rent insurance
Internet
Gas/ Electricity
Water/ Sewage
Car
Car insurance
Car service
Phone/ Data
Gym

Flexible (expenses that vary from month to month)
Self-pay
Debt Management
Food
Gas
Clothes
Fun
Professional materials

I will quantify my progress towards my Crossover Point using percentage. Which means at the moment, I am at 0% because I have no investments or passive income that matches my expenses.

Passive income - income that you earn even if you are not working. This may be income from an online store that you've established and continue to work on. Those products can be video trainings, templates, school materials, online training programs and even as fun as planner stickers. It can also be income from profit after renting an apartment, a room in your house or a plot of land. There are a lot of ways to earn passive income.

Anyway, going back to the Crossover Point - it clearly depends on every individual but what is fascinating about it is that the concept is quantified, measurable. This makes the Crossover Point an achievable destination not to a limited few but essentially to anybody willing to do the necessary steps towards their own respective Crossover Point.

A person pursuing his or her Crossover Point may be on the same boat as me, or it can be a single parent with two kids or a younger generation which happen to stumble upon a financial blog post by accident. Time is essentially the biggest factor - and since my 25 minutes are almost up to finish this blog - until my update on this blog.


Tame your Ts,

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment